Our Journey from 3 to 5!

Our Journey from 3 to 5!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

20 & 21 Weeks!

Snips, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails, That's What
Little BOYS Are Made Of! :)

So I know that I am a horrible blog slacker! Life has been more hectic then even my normal! We had our Gender Reveal Party almost 2 weeks ago and I have yet to update! I am sorry! As many of you saw on Facebook, its a BOY!!!! And we are over the moon excited! Aaron and I both thought that it was a boy, but to cut the clue cake just confirmed it. Aaron is so excited to have a son he can hardly stand it. He definitely has the Daddy Glow now :)

Its hard to see the BLUE, but its there!!!

The CAKE! Yummmmmyyyyy!!!! :)
 
And My FAVORITE picture, if only Aaron's head wasn't cut off (my mom got so excited, she couldn't snap the picture fast enough!)


Can you tell Aaron was excited...probably not too much! LOL


Anyways, the party was definitely a hit with family! We had a great time and I hope to have more pictures once I get them uploaded! I have already thought of so many fun ideas for baby #2 in the coming years :) There was so much excitement when we cut the cake! It was like we were at a football field with cheers! And then the funniest of all was my adorable niece Waverley. She is 3, almost 4. She was DETERMINED that this baby was a girl and she was decked out in pink to prove it! When we cut the cake, she boohoo-ed because she wanted a girl. She is excited now but it was actually really cute that night! Carson is excited to not be the only boy anymore!

So on top of all of that, we also had Lindsey's Bridal Shower the next Sunday! We had a wonderful turnout and she got lots of wonderful gifts! Her wedding is on October 29th and I am so excited for her and Trey! She will be a beautiful bride!!! :) And I am honored to get to stand up with her. (baby belly and all)

This past Friday, we moved my cousin Matthew out from our house to his new place. Its super nice and I think that he will really enjoy it! We miss him already and his dog Kane (and Ruger misses Kane too!) but we are excited for Matthew's new military adventure :)

Ruger & Kane were best buddies for 4 months!

This past Saturday and Sunday, I finally decided to tackle the nursery!!! WOW! I don't even know where to begin. There is so much that I want to do and trying to make all of the right decisions! Aaron's parents bought us the crib blanket that I have had my eye on for months! I am so excited!

(Disclaimer: Michael is NOT the name we have chosen! Its just what's in the pic online :) )


We are going to do a nautical/sailboat theme with this pattern! I am very excited to see everything come together! In my perfect little world- I hope to have everything done by Thanksgiving so that I can enjoy the holidays with family :) I have been working on some nursery projects/crafts and will share them in the next blog post! I need to upload all of my pictures to show off!

Now for the belly bump pictures!

20 Weeks!


21 Weeks!


We had our ultrasound and doctors appointment on September 21st. Everything was PERFECT! We have a perfectly healthy baby boy! Very exciting. We did not do any of the genetic testing early on and so I was a little nervous going in, but everything was great. He is super stubborn already, but that's ok. He fits right in with his momma! The tech got the gender pics right away however he didn't want to show his face to us at all. It took about 45 minutes of shaking my belly, turning me, and pushing to get him to finally look at the camera. He did it for about 20 seconds and was turned around again. He is a shy little stinker! But the tech was wonderful and grabbed the pictures that she needed super quick before he turned! Whew!

Momma is perfectly healthy as well. I have only gained 5 lbs the entire pregnancy and the doctor was very pleased with my blood pressure and weight so that's a relief! I am sure I will start to pack on some pounds in the coming weeks, but for now, I will take it!

Also, after my last post, I felt my first kick! We were in church on September 18th and all of a sudden I felt a thud and it was funny because it was during a clip of the new movie Courageous which is a lot about being a good father along with other things. I wasn't sure what it was so I didn't say anything to Aaron until after we left. Then the next day I felt it all again and he was able to sit with me and feel him kick too! So very cool!!!! Now, he dances ALL the time!!! He loves music. At church every Sunday during the worship time, he is turning flips and clapping I think because my stomach moves constantly! Its so much fun to feel him! He is an amazing little miracle!

Now for the stats :)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +5 lbs as of my 20 week appointment :) I will take it!

Gender: Sweet little BOY!

Movement: LOTS of it!!! He loves to dance to music! HAHA

Sleep: Actually was really bad for a couple weeks and its starting to get much better. If I don't drink anything after dinner, I can normally sleep through the whole night! WOO HOO! I have so many pillows around me at night that it looks like I'm in a pillow fort! Poor Aaron! LOL

What I miss: Nothing right now! I told Aaron that I am finally feeling great and really enjoying being pregnant! I cannot wait until February, but am enjoying everything about it right now!

Cravings: Hamburgers! Big juicy hamburgers with all of the toppings! I have had 3 in the last week! HAHA I am sure that will add to the pounds! :) But they were oh so yummy!

Symptoms: Nothing at all really. I have felt great the last few weeks. Been fighting a cold type thing, but nothing too bad!

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much everything I wear is maternity! A couple of my regular things fit, but why be uncomfortable!

Best Moment this week: Finding out the baby was a BOY and then everyday feeling him kick!

What's Next?: Hopefully in the next week or two, we will reveal the name that we have picked out for sweet Baby Campbell!

See you at 22 weeks!

3 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! How did you do the gender reveal party? Did you and Aaron plan the cake or was it revealed to EVERYONE when you cut it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara- We did not know. Everyone thought that we did, but we went and had the ultrasound on Wednesday and had the tech put in it in a sealed envelope. And I mean sealed! LOL She taped and stapled it shut! And folded the paper so we couldn't peek. We then took it straight to the baker and she was the only one who knew. When my mom picked up the cake, it was just a present and the baker hid the slip of paper under the cake so no one was tempted to looK! So when we cut it, we found out along with everyone else! It made it very special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fun and special! I love your faces as you are cutting the cake! Great idea

    ReplyDelete