Our Journey from 3 to 5!

Our Journey from 3 to 5!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We are Expecting!!! 13 Weeks Down!

OK- So by now, most of you know that we are expecting our first baby on February 8th, 2012. We are OVER THE MOON excited!!! We have lots of things to do and get ready for! I am dying to know the sex so that I can SHOP SHOP SHOP!!!! My mom and I have bought a few things but everything is yellow and green, so I am looking forward to pink or blue! Aaron swears it is a boy and our good friend already calls it a "SHE".

So since I never actually posted our story, I guess that would be a good place to start!!! I had decided to come off of my BC the first week in May. Well soon after that, I started feeling really yucky and thought that it was just a stomach bug! I didn't think too much of it at the time. Then it got worse and i felt worse and worse. I remember having a Pampered Chef party for a friend in Petersburg and I had to use cilantro to cook with and almost fell out when I opened it and smelled it! Ew! I normally love the smell! We went to NC for my cousin's graduation party on Memorial Day Weekend. I took a test before we left, just in case and of course it was negative, which I suspected. We had a really fun weekend! Except the night of the acutal party, I was really sick and had to keep coming inside to sit down. I didn't understand what was wrong! i had been feeling better. Anyways- we get home and Monday night, I decided that I needed to take another test, just to be SURE! Sure enough, it was positive- or I thought it was. It was very very light, but there was 2 lines there. So I run outside and tell Aaron he might want to come here. I show him and we both turn a lighter shade of white! He said I think its 2 lines, but maybe we should take another tomorrow. At this point, I was scarred, nervous and excited all at the same time! It was all I could do to sleep! I had SO many things running through my mind! I went and bought a digital test the next day and sure thing- it beeped once and popped up PREGNANT! YAY!!! Wow- so first reation was, well that didn't take long! Second Reaction was a little nervous and third reaction was woo hoo!!! I'm gonna be a mom!!! And the 3rd reaction is pretty much what has stuck throughout these 13 weeks!!!

On a side note, it was really a hard secret to keep, however, it was also a lot of fun! Aaron and I decided to keep the seret from friends and family and even our parents until I was 8 weeks!!! It was hard, but we accomplished it! We then made it "public" knowledge by 12 weeks :)

No one had any idea that we were trying which made it even more fun! The only person that had any idea was my Papa in NC. When we went down to NC for the graduation party, he sai to me how are you two doing? Thinking that he meant me and Aaron and I said that we were good... and he said no, not Aaron- you and that BABY! I insisted that there was no baby, but sure enough he was right! I was 4 weeks along and didn't even know! What a neat memory to have :)

We are so excited to be parents!!! We have had our first Ultrasound and the heartrate was 158! And we have had a follow up appointment since and everything was good! I will post some pictures tonight of the US and some belly photos that I have yet to upload!

Well I will post pictures tonight and then update again at 14 weeks!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment